Independent Vetcare Ltd, trading as Manor Vets ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, the data controller is Independent Vetcare Ltd of The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham, Bristol BS31 2AU.
Information categories we may use
We may collect and process the following data about you
• Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.independentvetcare.co.uk (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, face to face in a practice or surgery, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you engage us to provide the services described in our Terms and Conditions, register to use our website, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
o Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
o Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our office.
o Information about the browser (type, version, screen size, etc.), basic information about the user (IP address, language, time zone) and data containing mouse movements, clicks, scroll events and keystrokes are sent to Mouseflow. No personal data is sent, and no data is ever shared between websites. The script does not use third-party cookies. No data is shared with third parties, except for highly summarised data gathered across all Mouseflow accounts, e.g. usage share of browsers, average screen size, etc. Keystrokes from password fields and fields marked as “sensitive” are never recorded or sent over the network. You can opt out of Mouseflow by clicking here
• Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may collect and process the following data about you
o your name,
o Your address,
o Your e-mail address o your phone number,
o your financial information, including bank details and insurance information,
o your personal description o your photograph.
In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may also receive information about you when your pet is referred to us from another practice.
How we use your information
We process your data to provide the services and products defined in our Terms and Conditions. Our legal basis for processing this data falls into one of the following categories:
o To enable us to form a contract with you to provide services
o To serve our legitimate business interests – such as processing a payment or sending you a vaccine reminder
o Where we have your consent – such as for marketing (see the GDPR specific link for more details)
We may share the information about you defined above with certain third parties, to enable us to provide the products and services defined in our Terms and Conditions. These include payment processors, insurers, indemnity providers and other professional and legal advisors, debt recovery agencies, referrals to other vets or specialist clinics and labs or other providers who support us in providing services to your pet.
We will retain information about you for as long as we have a legitimate business interest to do so. After this your information will be securely destroyed where possible or at least anonymised where destruction is technically impossible.
Securing your information
We understand the importance of keeping your information safe and secure, and we use a range of technical and organisational measures to achieve this. We only allow access to your information to those who have a legitimate business need to do so, and under strict confidentiality. We have processes in place to deal with potential breaches to information security, and these include communication to you and our regulators where we are legally required to do so.
Under the GDPR you have the following rights over your information:
• To fair processing by us of your information – we have to be clear and transparent about what we do with your information.
• To access, correct, update, or request that we stop processing or delete your information. To exercise these rights please contact us via your practice.
• To opt out of marketing communication – please see the GDPR page on how to do this and the categories of communication we use.
• To withdraw your consent for processing where we rely on your consent to process your information.
• To complain about our collection and processing of your information – you can do this via the ICO at the following link www.ico.org.uk/concerns
If you contact us to exercise any of these rights we may ask for information about you to positively identify you and verify your request is valid.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are fortunate at Manor Vets to have an amazing team of committed, talented and enthusiastic staff.