Posted: 11th March 2021

Many plants are also poisonous to dogs, so please take extra care with bunches of cut flowers and houseplants in your home, and when planning your garden planting.

Tulips are less likely to be dotted all over your lawn, like Buttercups & Daffodils, but do take care if you’re planning to plant tulips in the garden. The most poisonous part of a tulip is the bulb, so your dog can become ill if they’re digging up your prized flowers while they’re still underground.

Symptoms of tulip poisoning include:

  • Nausea
  • Drooling
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhoea
  • Increased heart rate
  • Abnormal breathing

What to do if your pet displays any symptoms, or if they ingest a poisonous plant

If your pet displays any symptoms, or if you know they’ve eaten something they shouldn’t, you should contact us right away.

t: 0121 422 5411

We are open seven days a week 24/7

Find us

Manor Vets 24 Hour
115 Kent Road
West Midlands
B62 8PB

e: halesowen@manorvets.com


Caring for...

Copyright © Manorvets 2021, All Rights Reserved

GDPR | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Cookie Policy

halesowen@manorvets.com | edgbaston@manorvets.com | northfield@manorvets.com | cradley@manorvets.com

Company registered name: Independent Vetcare Ltd.

Registered Number 07746795. Registered address: The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 2AU.

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for credit-related regulated activities under reference number: FRN738010