No amount of chocolate is safe for your dog or cat to eat.
Did you know that even the smallest piece of chocolate can make your pet very sick?
Chocolate contains an ingredient called theobromine. This is poisonous to dogs and cats and is naturally found in the cocoa beans used to make chocolate.
Symptoms of chocolate poisoning;
- Increased heart rate
- Muscle tension
- Rapid breathing
Store chocolate away just like medicine, safely and secure.
Forgotten Easter Eggs
If you are having an Easter Egg Hunt, keep pets away during the hunt and set up.
Ensure guests and especially children know not to give your dog chocolate.
It’s also a good idea to make a note of where all the eggs are so these places can be checked before pets are allowed back in the area…
Forgotten Easter Eggs pose a threat for curious pets
looking for treats to munch on.
If your pet eats any amount of chocolate, contact Manor Vets t: 0121 422 5411
Also avoid giving your pets hot cross buns, as grapes, raisins currants and sultanas are all toxic to dogs