Avoid putting any chocolate on or under the Christmas tree and keep "safe from curious paws" this Christmas...
'Do you remember poor Lily the Russel Terrier who was rushed to hospital for life-saving treatment after eating chocolate Santa decorations from her family’s Christmas?
Did you know?
Theobromine is a key ingredient in chocolate and cocoa powder. It is highly poisonous to dogs and cats and if they eat any, it can have a fatal effect on their hearts, kidneys and nervous systems. Keep your selection boxes sealed at all times, ideally store them up high – somewhere your pet can’t get to. The same goes for chocolate of any kind including tree decorations, even chocolatey drinks.
Please remember should you need us...
24-Hour Emergency Service
t: 0121 422 5411
At Manor Vets we are different to most veterinary practices because we have experienced vets and nurses on the premises around the clock every day of the year.