Certain types of nuts, macadamia nuts in particular, can cause our pets to suffer vomiting, depression and hyperthermia if they eat them. They’re also a choking hazard. Please keep nuts well away from your pets, take extra care not to drop any and to clean them up right away if you do.
Grapes and raisins are toxic to dogs and can lead to acute kidney failure or even death. While all forms of grapes are bad for dogs, it’s thought the dried versions of the fruits are more likely to cause severe symptoms if eaten by your dog.
Extra caution should be taken with foods containing:
- currants (dried fruit of dark grapes)
- sultanas (dried fruit of white grapes)
This includes foods such as:
- mince pies
- Christmas fruit cake
Signs of grape and raisin poisoning:
- Vomiting and diarrhoea
- Abnormal drinking or urination
- Lots of drooling
- Lack of appetite
- Weakness/wobbly when walking
- Lethargy Blood in the urine
Please remember should you need us...
24-Hour Emergency Service 24hr CARE
t: 0121 422 5411
At Manor Vets we are different to most veterinary practices because we have experienced vets and nurses on the premises around the clock every day of the year.