Halesowen 0121 422 5411
Edgbaston 0121 429 2829
Northfield 0121 475 4828
Cradley Heath 01384 564868
Harborne 0121 426 4343
Shirley 0121 745 6161

Toxic Buttercups

Buttercups are toxic to dogs, cats and horses. Although they have a bitter taste that will put dogs and cats off eating them, your horse may well indulge in some buttercups if their pasture is full of them. If you have buttercups growing in your garden, be mindful that the pollen may get on your dog or cat’s fur when they’re out playing, and they could ingest it by cleaning their own paws.

Symptoms of buttercup poisoning include:

  • Drooling
  • Blisters in the mouth
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhoea
  • General weakness
  • Tremors
  • Seizures
  • Paralysis (although this is rare)

What to do if your pet displays any symptoms, or if they ingest a poisonous plant If your pet displays any symptoms, or if you know they’ve eaten something they shouldn’t, you should contact us right away. t: 0121 422 5411.

We are open seven days a week 24/7.