Be Lungworm Aware...

Posted: 16th September 2018

Lungworm is a nasty parasite that can cause serious health problems in dogs and can be fatal if not treated in time.

Dogs become infected with (Angiostrongylus vasorum) through eating slugs and snails which may be carrying the larvae of the parasite. While some dogs will eat slugs and snails on purpose, the hidden danger arises from small slugs and snails, which can be accidentally swallowed when dogs are drinking from outdoor water bowls, eating grass, playing with toys left out in the garden, or rummaging through the undergrowth.

Experts recommend keeping outdoor toys and water/food bowls clear of slugs and snails to help reduce the chance of accidental ingestion of these common garden visitors.

Be Lungworm Aware...

Find us

Manor Vets 24 Hour
115 Kent Road
West Midlands
B62 8PB

Tel: 0121 422 5411

Fax: 0121 422 6511


24-Hour Emergency

Vets & nurses on premises 24 hours a day, 365 days a year Tel: 0121 422 5411

At Manor Vets we are different to most veterinary practices because we have experienced vets and nurses on the premises around the clock every day of the year.

This enables us to deal with surgical and medical emergencies that arise during the night, as well as continued monitoring and care of hospitalised and critically ill patients.

Related Links

FREE flea & tick check

Caring for...

Copyright © Manorvets 2021, All Rights Reserved

GDPR | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Cookie Policy | | |

Company registered name: Independent Vetcare Ltd.

Registered Number 07746795. Registered address: The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 2AU.

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for credit-related regulated activities under reference number: FRN738010